Sunday, August 1, 2010

1st Anniversary!


Mark and I had our first anniversary last month. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by since our wedding day. At the same time, it is starting to be hard to remember what it was like to not be married to each other. I know him so much better than I did a year ago and appreciate him so much more.


Many people say that the first year of marriage is really hard, but I can honestly say that we had a fun and happy first year of marriage. While there were some things to get used to, like figuring out how to find a happy medium between my semi-obsession with keeping things clean and in order and Mark's, well, lack of obsession, and learning how to approach finances, we came out of the 1st year feeling even more in love and excited for the future. Marriage has been the greatest catalyst for spiritual, emotional, and relational growth that I have ever experienced and has pushed us both towards maturity. I'm thankful for the ways it has made me let go of, or continue to try to let go of, areas in my life where I can be so selfish and self-centered and move toward putting another person's needs first. It also helps that I am married to a man who is so forgiving and makes it easier for me to apologize :)


Mark gave me the best 1st anniversary present I could have ever imagined! He made a book with pictures and descriptions of all the things that happened during our 1st year of marriage. I love it now and I can't wait to share it with our kids one day! You can see some of the pages on his website - marknlopez.com

The bakery we got our wedding cake from made us an anniversary cake so we didn't have to eat year-old cake. I guess it kind of ruins the fun of it, but at least the cake didn't taste like freezer. We had it for over a week though because it was packed with frosting. We had a bottle of champagne that we saved from our wedding which turned out to be a golden-yellow color and disgusting, so we had part of the experience. The champagne in the picture was a fresh one :)


We went on a wonderful anniversary trip that Mark planned and he's going to put up some pictures of it soon. It was a huge blessing for us to be able to get away and spend some time together because life has changed in a big way since I started my 3rd year of medical school. More on that to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers