Friday, February 12, 2010

Indiana

We've been on quite a few trips lately, and the last one (for a few months) was to visit my dad's side of the family in Indiana. They live in a pretty small area of Indiana and it is always so relaxing because life just seems to happen a little more slowly there. We stayed at my aunt and uncle's house, and they live on a big piece of land that is really pretty. I had a test the next week, so we had to make a few trips to the library in town to get Internet, and Mark took the opportunity to take some pictures.

The picture below is of the library. It was really nice and gave Mark and I both the desire to get library cards for the library next to us. There are so many awesome resources and we forget about it because of the Internet, but we want to start appreciating the library more.

My uncle used to work for this brewery in Terre Haute. It is closed now, but we liked the vintage look of it.

My aunt and uncle's land is behind us, and it stretches pretty far back. I went on a walk with my dad the last time we were there and deer were running all around which actually sort of terrified me.

This is my dad's side of the family, minus my cousin Joel who had to leave early that morning to get back to school. From left to right in the front: Uncle Charlie (my dad's brother), Aunt Jean (my dad's sister), me, Mom, Grandpa, Dad, then my brother and Uncle Tim (Jean's husband) in the back. I'm thankful for my sweet family!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers