Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lopez 4 Life!



We've finally decided to take the plunge...and start a blog. I don't know how good this is going to be seeing as I typed and erased about 2o sentences just to get this thing started, but my hope is that we can share more of our life with our friends and family. So, here it goes!

We are newlyweds!! Mark and I got married on June 27, 2009 and I know it sounds cliche, but I'm not lying when I say it was a dream come true. I could never have imagined how wonderful it would feel to be surrounded by our incredible family and friends to celebrate the joining of our lives. It was such a display of how much the Lord has blessed us through the people He has put in our lives. I loved every minute of it! I will post some pictures once we get them.

After the best party of our lives, we were off to Turks & Caicos for our honeymoon!

Or so we thought...

We were dropped off at the airport and we started to check in and I'm scanning my passport but it isn't working. A guy from the airline walks over and tries to scan it too, and then he looks at it and casually says "Oh, you can't use this." He opens to the first page and at some point, someone had punched holes in it and there was a red stamp that said "Cancelled". WHAT?? A lady named Ms. Bonita walks over because she sees that there is an issue and starts asking me if I had another one. Of course, I did not, and she says we can't go. I look at her with tears in my eyes and say "But, its our honeymoon..." and her face drops. I can tell that she feels so bad for us, and she's trying to tell us how we can fly to Houston and get a passport the next day, etc etc. I'd mostly given up hope that this trip was going to happen at this point. I call my brother to see what he thinks, he is pretty much a travel guru, and he finds another passport at my parents house that I didn't know about. They start the 30 minute drive to the airport, and Ms. Bonita tells us that we have 25 minutes before we won't be able to board. Meanwhile, she is doing everything she can to check our bags through and get everything ready so we can just scan my passport and go once it got there. She was amazing. My dad and my brother somehow (I didn't want to know how fast they were going), made it to the airport in under 20 minutes, and we flew through security and got on our plane. It was unbelievable. When it was all over, we laughed about it a lot. I am so thankful for BJ, my dad, and Ms. Bonita, without them we wouldn't have gone on the best trip of our lives!

We spent a week on a 20 mile island that seemed to have about 20 other people on it, at the most beautiful resort called the Windsong. It was small enough to where we got to know most of the workers at the resort. They had a delicious continental breakfast in the morning and Anthony, the guy who served, would give us all of the leftover fruit if we came at the end. We had a lot of relaxing time on the beach, delicious dinners, and even made some of our own food in the amazing kitchen of our condo-style room. We went on a snorkel trip one day where we went to an iguana island, snorkeled on a reef, went conch-diving (yes, we have a giant shell in our home now), and spent an afternoon on a beautiful beach. The captain of the boat was named "Pringles" and he was the entertainment for the afternoon. While we were on the beach, Pringles took the conch that people (including Mark) got from the bottom of the ocean, and made a 'conch-ceviche' that we ate. It was actually pretty good, but I had a hard time eating something that was alive at the bottom of the ocean 5 minutes before. Kinda weird.

We left Turks & Caicos on the 4th of July and the only consolation to the end of our trip was that we were making our way to New York! We are living in the Big City for the rest of the summer while Mark works for Blue Room, a motion graphics company. We got here just in time to see some incredible fireworks in a crowd of a million people. The picture really doesn't do it justice, there were people as far as we could see! We sat on the Hudson River Highway and had a great view.


So far, we've had a lot of memorable events in NYC, and I'll give some of the highlights soon. Thanks for visiting our blog!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea... I can't believe I hadn't heard the "departure drama" story... that will be memorable. :-) Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Followers